Estimating Commercial Construction Dumpster Size
The typical commercial dumpster rental sizes for construction projects are our 20- and 30-yard roll-off containers.
Here’s a rough breakdown of dumpster size and capacity that may help:
- 20-Yard Dumpster = 20 cubic yards = 6 Pickup Loads
- 30-Yard Dumpster = 30 cubic yards = 9 Pickup Loads
Based on our experience with a variety of construction projects, we usually recommend the following commercial dumpster sizes:
- Roof replacement: A 20-yard dumpster works well for most roofing projects.
- Commercial landscaping: A 20- or 30-yard dumpster will typically work best.
- Long-term construction: A 30-yard roll-off dumpster is good for longer term projects like new home construction or professional house flipping.
Our team here at redbox+ Dumpsters of the Triad can help you determine the best dumpster size based on the specifics of your commercial job.