Dump Rental: How a Roll-off Dumpster Can Make Your Next Project Easier
Waste removal can present challenges when doing home DIY projects. Learn more about dumpster rental and how a roll-off dumpster makes cleanup easy and affordable.
Do I Need to Rent a Dumpster?
A dumpster rental makes any project easier and less stressful. Projects that could benefit from the rental of a roll-off dumpster include garage or room cleanouts, room remodeling, updating fixtures and appliances, and yard debris cleanups.
Renting a residential trash bin is also great for projects like flooring removal, but you must be careful if removing any vinyl or asphalt flooring from before 1978. These floors may contain asbestos, which often isn’t allowed in dumpsters and requires special disposal.
Using a roll-off dumpster rental service, like redbox+ Dumpsters, can be a huge timesaver and makes renovating a kitchen or bathroom more convenient. If you’re looking to replace cabinet doors or even full cabinets, rent a bin and throw them out immediately. Removing backsplash? You can throw that in too! If it’s a tile backsplash, you almost have to rent a dumpster because the stone is too heavy to throw away in a regular trash can.
Making Waste Removal Easier
From saving time and money to adding convenience and safety, a dump rental will make removing waste and debris from your DIY home project easier in so many ways. Plus, you can simply pick up the phone to order one for your next project.
Renting a dumpster works as a one-stop resource for waste removal. First, it gives you a spot to throw out a variety of trash without sorting. Dumpster rentals allow you to discard everything into one bin, as long as it doesn’t contain restricted material. redbox+ Dumpsters can provide a list of restricted materials. Then, once your container is full, the dumpster rental company takes it to the landfill, saving you time and money on multiple landfill trips.
A roll-off dumpster also helps you avoid creating extra clutter around your home or project area because it allows you to dispose of trash and debris before it accumulates and becomes an inconvenience or hazard. Piles of waste and debris can be a tripping hazard for workers, and a danger to kids and animals who could get into them.
You’ll face zero waste disposal compliance issues when you use a reputable dumpster rental company. They know their stuff on what is and isn’t accepted in landfills. So, as long as you follow their rules about what you can throw out in their dumpsters, you shouldn’t be fined for improper disposal.
How Affordable is it to Rent a Dumpster?
There are many affordable dumpster rental companies, so you’ll want to research and compare quotes. See what’s included in each one’s pricing and evaluate the benefits of different dumpsters. Angi finds that the normal range for a dump rental is between $292 and $800, with the average being $380, depending on size and location. Long-term rentals could cost you $1,000 – $3,000 per month or more. You will need to confirm with the company, before they deliver, what other fees you may be responsible for after they pick up your dumpster.
Factors that can impact the cost include extra fees, the duration of the rental, any required permits, and exceeding the dumpster’s weight limit. Overloading fees can be between $40 to $100, according to Angi. Some companies will also charge a trip fee whenever they come to the job site. Dump fees can average between $20 to $150 per ton. These fees are based on state and landfill regulations. You’ll want to clarify if this expense is included in your estimate.
What Sizes of Dumpsters Can I Rent?
Different companies offer different sizes of roll-off dumpsters. The most popular range from 10-yard to 40-yard. At redbox+ Dumpsters, our container options include:
- 10-Yard: Great for light renovations, a small bathroom or kitchen remodel, small-to-medium house cleanouts, and DIY home improvement projects. It can hold about 50 to 70 trash bags or three pickup truckloads.
- 15-Yard: This is an uncommon size, but is offered by redbox+ Dumpsters. It can accommodate home cleanouts, junk hauling, drywall, and other debris from small-to-medium renovations. It holds approximately 80 to 100 trash bags or four-and-a-half pickup truckloads.
- 20-Yard: This is the most popular size and is often used for bathroom and kitchen renovations, attic and garage cleanouts, roofing jobs, and landscaping overhauls. Its capacity is 110 to 130 trash bags or six pickup truck loads.
- 30-Yard: Typically used for commercial projects or larger residential construction like large home additions or remodels, construction and demolition debris, whole-home window or siding replacement, large-scale cleanouts, and large-scale landscaping. It can hold about 170 to 190 trash bags or nine pickup truckloads.
- 40-Yard: You will probably not need this for your home DIY project, as it’s suitable for new construction of a large house or building, whole-home window or siding replacement (large houses), commercial building cleanouts, and demolition with heavy and large amounts of debris. It can collect up to 230 to 250 trash bags or approximately 12 pickup truckloads of debris.
Call redbox+ Dumpsters for an Estimate
At redbox+ Dumpsters, we’ll walk through your project with you to determine what size dumpster roll-off you need for it. Then, if you fill it up before you’re done, call us, and we’ll empty it and bring it back.
Looking to start soon? We can typically have a bin at your project site within 24 hours of making a reservation.
Contact us or call 1-844-2-REDBOX to talk to a representative.