Are you thinking about redoing your yard this fall? If so, you are probably wondering where to begin. Here’s what you need to know.
Why Should I Update my Landscape in Fall?
While spring may seem like the ideal time to work on your landscape due to the warmer weather and blooming plants, experts actually recommend fall as the best time for a major landscaping renovation. The cooler temperatures make it more comfortable to work outside, and the weather is less volatile than in spring, when you may experience overnight freezes, heavy rains, and unexpected snow.
Planting perennials, shrubs, and trees in the fall allows them to establish a strong root system without expending energy on growing leaves or blooming flowers. This means that when spring arrives, these plants will be well-prepared to focus all their energy on growing.
You won’t be the only one working on your yard during the fall, as many of your neighbors will likely be doing the same. To save money, consider coordinating with your neighbors to work on your yards on the same weekend. This can help you save on materials such as rental tools or a dumpster for yard waste. redbox+ Dumpsters of Orlando offers a range of roll-off dumpster sizes to help with your landscape renovation projects.
Freshen Up Your Landscape on a Budget
You can easily update several features in your yard to make you fall in love with the space again. No need to hire a landscape company; you can work with what you already have. Here are some ideas for yard projects that can be done with a quick trip to the hardware store or local lawn and garden shop:
- Mulch: A fresh layer of mulch can clean up the look of a garden bed or area around a tree. As a bonus, mulch also keeps weeds and grass in check and helps retain water for your plants and trees, saving you on your watering bill.
- Perennials: Perennials are plants that bloom every year once they are planted. You don’t have to have a green thumb to take care of them. Once established, the right perennials for your area won’t need much upkeep. This lets you have a big impact year after year with little work.
- Edge or expand your patio: Dig out a trench around your existing patio and fill it with mulch or landscaping stones. This area is a great place to add some plants for color. If you’re looking for something with less maintenance, add to the patio with pavers.
- Native plants: A little research will help you learn about plants that are native to your area. Growing native plants allows you to spend less time and money on nurturing them. These types of plants are naturally compatible with the rainfall and other climate conditions in your area.
- Xeriscaping: These designs use native or drought-resistant plant species, which require less water and maintenance. DIY-friendly options include gravel walkways, a dry creek bed with river rocks, or expanding the mulched area of your yard. Not only do these features look great, but they also save water.
Renovate the Yard of Your Dreams with redbox+ Dumpsters
When you are landscaping your yard, don’t forget about the waste! redbox+ Dumpsters of Orlando is a local roll-off dumpster rental company that can help make your landscaping renovation project go smoothly. Our dumpsters have rear doors with ground-level entrances, making them easy to load, and some options even have integrated port-a-potties to prevent dirt and debris from entering your home. We handle the dumping for you, so you don’t have to worry about multiple trips to the dump or waiting for yard waste bags to be picked up. Contact us today to get a dumpster rental in Orlando, FL today!