At PLUMBERZ, our number one priority is the safety of all those within our communities. Given this uncertainty, we are taking proactive steps to address these concerns. The safety of our customers as well as our employees is of critical importance to us. We ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these ever-changing circumstances and ask that you assist us in keeping you and our team safe.
We recommend franchisees take the following advanced safety measures to prevent the spread of the virus in the workplace:
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Wash hands thoroughly for twenty (20) seconds or more prior to entering a customers’ business, or use at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you must or sneeze, do so into a tissue or into your elbow. Wash your hands immediately.
- Provide soap and and alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the workplace. Ensure that adequate supplies are maintained.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down by employees before each use.
- Perform more frequent routine commercial cleaning of the workplace.
- Practice social distancing to the extent possible; stay at least 6 feet away from others as often as possible, close doors, encourage virtual/phone meetings instead of in-person meetings.
- Encourage employees to disinfect all surfaces regularly.
- Encourage employees to avoid touching their face.
We recommend franchisees and employees take the following additional precautions when entering and working in customers’ facilities:
- Insist that hand-washing and coughing/sneezing etiquette continues while in customers’ facilities.
- Wash hands thoroughly for twenty (20) seconds or more prior to entering a customer’s business, or use at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you must or sneeze, do so into a tissue or into your elbow, followed by immediately washing your hands.
- Provide soap and and alcohol-based hand sanitizer to employees in the field.
- Wear disposable while working in customers’ facilities. When possible, avoid touching doorknobs, handles, or other surfaces in customers’ facilities without disposable .
- Encourage employees to avoid touching their face, and the hands and face of customers where possible.
- Do not shake hands with customers, but rather, acknowledge them in a friendly manner and excuse yourself for not greeting them, as a result of the virus.
- Change uniforms/scrubs after leaving customers’ facilities and before entering another customer’s business; wear protective foot coverings/disposable when in a customers’ home or business.
- Ask the customer whether they have immuno-compromised family members ahead of time.
During these unprecedented times, we stand ready to provide the best service possible for you and all our customers. We thank you for your continued support, and we will continue to keep you informed as we take additional action.